ResMed Mirage FX Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
ResMed Mirage FX Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
The ResMed Mirage FX is a compact nasal CPAP mask designed to optimize your CPAP therapy experience. It is extremely lightweight, comfortable, and engineered for user convenience. This nasal mask uses a dual-wall Spring Air™ cushion that provides an excellent mask seal and allows the user to sleep in his or her desired position. Even better, the Mirage FX has a “for her” version, designed specifically for females!
Nasal masks only cover the nose and keep the mouth free. The Mirage FX nasal mask is also designed to be minimalist in order to keep the device and skin contact to the minimum. This is made possible by the ultra-flexible forehead support that secures the mask to your face. Know more about the key features of the ResMed Mirage FX:
- Winged forehead support. This nasal mask has a flexible forehead support that you can adjust to achieve the best fit and seal. This forehead support is designed in a way that the plastic will not be in contact with your skin. Instead of the plastic, comfortable and flexible forehead pads are the ones that follow the contour of your forehead so you are guaranteed a stable fit.
- Lightweight and durable. This nasal CPAP mask has a lightweight frame that is strong enough to keep the mask on your face yet comfortable enough to allow flexible movement and a variety of positions during sleep.
- Dual-wall, Spring Air™ Cushion. The Spring Air cushion technology of the ResMed Mirage series is designed to achieve a comfortable fit, especially in the nose bridge area, and make the mask leak-free. The dual wall cushion evenly distributes the air pressure through the mask in order to decrease the pressure points and avoid leakage.
- SoftEdge™ Headgear. The Mirage FX has a soft and breathable headgear to reduce red marks and discomfort around the face. It also increases your comfort level and the mask support so you can sleep through the night worry-free.
- Headgear loops. To get the best fit, the Mirage FX has a headgear loop designed to keep the mask in place. The headgear has a 4-point Velcro strap adjustment, two attached on either side of the butterfly-wing forehead support and another two attached on either side of the mask frame. The straps are easily accessible as they are located in front and easy to adjust.
- Diffused vent. The diffused vent design is extremely convenient to reduce the air noise during exhalation. It diffuses air away from you quietly to let you and your partner enjoy a night of uninterrupted sleep.
- Squeeze-tab elbow. This feature makes it easy for you to connect and disconnect your CPAP mask frame from the CPAP machine hose/tubing. All you have to do is to squeeze the elbow tab and the hose/tubing will be released.
- 4 main parts. This nasal CPAP mask only has 4 main parts so you can disassemble, reassemble, and clean this CPAP mask easily.
- The Mirage FX has a therapy pressure of 4 to 20 CMW.
Why the ResMed Mirage FX Nasal CPAP Mask is a great option for your CPAP therapy
As a CPAP user, you understand that ease-of-use, durability, and performance are very important to achieve a good-quality CPAP therapy experience. Thankfully, ResMed knows the need of its users and has been designing innovative masks to cater to user demands and help sleep apnea patients get a high-quality of sleep they so deserve.
Comfort and convenience
The ResMed Mirage FX offers optimum user comfort through its patented features. Its dual-wall silicone cushion evenly distributes the pressure around the nose. This nasal mask also has a soft texture so you can enjoy a comfortably snug mask seal without worrying about irritation, redness, and discomfort.
The ResMed Mirage FX nasal CPAP mask is also very convenient. Wearing the mask is very easy through the looped headgear, which can be adjusted using the Velcro straps in front. The squeeze-tab elbow further improves user convenience. Using only one hand, you can simply press the sides of the elbow to release the CPAP tubing from the frame.
A high quality of sleep is one with little to no interruption. Thankfully, the Mirage FX has a great seal to prevent you from having to readjust your mask in the middle of the night. It also has a built-in diffused venting technology to keep the exhaled air diffused quietly away from you. A quiet air vent is not only beneficial to you but also to the person you’re sharing the room with.
Compact and lightweight
The ResMed Mirage nasal mask has a minimalist streamlined design that makes it unobtrusive to the patient wearing it. This nasal mask is also lightweight, so it doesn’t feel heavy on the face but provides a stable support, nonetheless.
This compact nasal mask only has 4 major parts, which make maintaining, cleaning, and assembling the mask much easier. The 4 parts include the frame, the headgear, the cushion, and the elbow.
Available in different nasal cushion sizes
To let you have the best fit, ResMed has made the Mirage FX available in standard (medium) and wide nasal cushion sizes. Each cushion has a label located at the bottom that indicates the size. You can refer to the ResMed Mirage FX sizing guide to determine the best size for you.
You should note, however, that sizes standard and medium can both fit in one frame but the small size cannot.
ResMed Mirage FX For Her
Women naturally have smaller bone structures than men. For this reason, ResMed has answered the needs of women with sleep apnea by creating a Mirage FX nasal mask version specifically for women.
The ResMed Mirage FX Nasal CPAP Mask For Her has a smaller headgear in pink color and available in a small and standard cushion size. As previously mentioned, the small cushion is not compatible with the frame of the standard and wide cushions.
Easy to operate
Setting up the Mirage FX nasal CPAP mask is a breeze. Simply follow these steps:
- Remove the elbow from the mask. Do this by pressing on the quick-release tabs on either side of the elbow. Connect the elbow to the tubing.
- Keep the upper headgear straps secured to the forehead support and adjusted to its widest configuration. Release the lower straps of the headgear.
- Pull the headgear over your head while holding the mask over your face.
- The lower straps should be positioned below the ears. Insert the straps of the headgear into the hooks of the mask frame.
- Adjust both sides of the upper headgear straps at the same time by pulling the Velcro. Adjust the length until you feel a comfortable fit and reattach the Velcro back to the strap.
- Now, adjust both sides of the lower headgear straps at the same time. Pull the Velcro to adjust the length and tightness until you get a comfortable fit. Press the Velcro back to secure the strap.
- Attach the elbow (with the tubing) to the mask. To do this, press the quick-release tabs and push the elbow into the frame.
- Before cleaning and washing the mask, disassemble the parts properly. Handwash each component separately using warm water and mild soap. To clean the vent, use a soft bristle brush. Do not use bleach and other strong cleaning solutions. After washing, rinse well and air dry. Do not expose to direct sunlight.
The ResMed FX Nasal CPAP Mask is designed for comfort, performance, and efficiency. It is a great option for people who value quality and convenience in their CPAP therapy.
ResMed Mirage FX Nasal CPAP Mask package includes:
- Mask Frame
- Elbow Assembly
- Forehead Support
The ResMed Mirage FX Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear and its components has a limited warranty of 90 days, starting from the date of purchase. The product should be free from workmanship and defect.
If you have any questions about the ResMed Mirage FX Nasal CPAP Mask or in need of assistance in purchasing, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-314-8225 or email us at email@example.com.