S542 Yoga Folding 4-Wheel Mobility Scooter
S542 Yoga Folding 4-Wheel Mobility Scooter
The S542 Yoga is a lightweight 4-wheel scooter with a collapsible frame for easy storage and transport. This mobility scooter has a small folded dimension so you can easily fit it inside the trunk of your vehicle and even in your suitcase. If you are an active person looking for a scooter that has superior portability and above-average drive range, the S542 is probably the right fit for you.
|• Collapsible and foldable||• 250 lbs weight capacity|
|• Height/angle adjustable tiller||• 4 mph top speed|
|• Front-wheel spring suspension||• 11.25 miles drive range|
|• Lightweight alloy aluminum frame||• 57 pounds total weight|
The S542 Yoga is designed and created by Merits Health, which is known for manufacturing high quality and durable medical scooters and wheelchairs for patients with mobility problems. Through the years, Merits scooters have helped patients reestablish their independent mobility through state-of-the-art scooter features.
Why the S542 Yoga Folding 4-Wheel Mobility Scooter is what’s best for you
It is a widely known fact that 4-wheel scooters offer better stability and traction than 3-wheel scooters. The S542 Yoga has a 4-wheel configuration and its front wheels are equipped with a spring suspension system for a smoother ride.
When it comes to portability, the S542 Yoga is on top of the game. You can easily transport the scooter without the need to disassemble it into individual parts. Collapsing and folding this scooter only takes seconds. You can use the tiller as a handle to push or pull the scooter manually wherever you like, like a 57-pound luggage. Likewise, unfolding the scooter is as also as easy.
Portability is not the only highlight of the S542 Yoga 4-wheel scooter. It also has amazing features and capacity to help you run errands and perform your daily duties with ease.
Power and full capacity
The S542 Yoga 4-wheel travel scooter makes use of one 24V 11.5AH Lithium batteries, which when fully charged can power the scooter to run up to 11.25 miles.
It has a DC 24V 80W 340W (max) motor that allows the scooter to have a maximum travel speed of up to 4 mph. Although extremely lightweight, this 57-pound scooter can carry a maximum weight of 250 pounds.
The S542 Yoga also has a slim dimension of 38” x 17” x 40” (L x W x H) so it is a breeze to drive around indoor establishments, narrow hallways, and crowded places.
This mobility scooter has a turning radius of 37.8 inches and a climbing angle of 6 degrees so you can climb ramps and upslopes without any problem
The front wheels of the S542 Yoga are 6 inches in diameter while its two rear wheels have 7 inches diameter. The scooter also has two caster anti-tip which further improve its stability.
This mobility scooter is great for outdoor use as it has 5.5 inches of ground clearance. Use the scooter only when the temperature of the road is between -25 °C to 50 °C.
Do not drive the scooter on soft surfaces as well as grassy, gravelly, sandy, and wet terrains as the S542 Yoga scooter is not built to tolerate these kinds of road conditions.
Safety and security features
Safety and security features are essential in choosing a mobility scooter. Merits Health is known for its efforts in keeping their products safe for its customers. The S542 alone has the following features to keep you anxiety-free while on the road:
- Wig-Wag Control Lever. The wig-wag lever controls the speed of the scooter’s acceleration as well as the reverse and forward direction. To accelerate the S542 forward, push the right lever. To accelerate the scooter backward, push the left lever.
- Electromagnetic braking system. Releasing the control lever will trigger the scooter to slow down until it stops completely. The parking brakes will then be activated, which will prevent further scooter movements. The S542 Yoga also has a programmable controller with a high peddle disable feature installed, which prevents sudden acceleration when you accidentally activate the throttle and the power key at the same time.
- Anti-tip wheels. The S542 Yoga 4-wheel scooter has rear anti-tip or caster wheels, which help prevent the scooter from losing balance and tipping backward when you’re driving up a slope.
- Armrests. This lightweight scooter has armrests on either side of the seat which you can make use of or remove depending on your preference. These armrests are padded and help secure you to your seat. You can adjust the width of the armrests until it you are nice and comfortable.
- FDA compliant. Every mobility scooter should comply with the safety regulations set by the FDA. The S542 Yoga has 20 V/m immunity against Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) in order to keep you safe from uncontrollable movements caused by EMI sources.
Although the S542 Yoga 4-wheel scooter has amazing safety features, your safety is still in your hands as you will be the one operating the scooter. Merits Health has conveniently included a few safety guidelines to keep you guided such as:
- Do not drive the scooter beyond its known capability.
- Do not drive across a sloping surface that has more than 3° gradient angle.
- Do not climb curbs that exceed a height of 1 inch.
- Do not cross over a gap that is more than 3 inches wide.
Comfort and Convenience
Like many Merits scooters, the S542 Yoga has customizable and adjustable features to make your journey as comfortable and convenient as possible:
- Adjustable tiller height and angle. The S542 has a straight handlebar used to steer the scooter to the direction you’re heading for. It has two handgrips on each end and a dashboard in the middle, which houses the control buttons and dials. You can adjust the angle of the Tiller using the adjustment lever at the bottom of the tiller column. To adjust the Tiller height, simply release the black quick clamps and extend the tiller column to a comfortable driving position.
- High-backed folding seat. This 4-wheel folding scooter has a high-backed seat that is adequately padded for your comfort. The seat easily folds down for hassle-free storage.
- Removable padded armrests. Whether you want to include the armrests of the S542 Yoga or not is entirely up to you. Merits Health lets you choose whichever is more convenient. This scooter’s seat does not have a swivel feature, however, the armrests on either side can be flipped up for easy access to the seat. You can also adjust the width and angle of the armrests to a more convenient configuration.
- Suspension. This scooter’s front wheels are equipped with a spring suspension system that allows for excellent turning stability as well as a smooth and steady ride.
Controlling the S542 Yoga is very easy as it has all the controls located in a very accessible place in the tiller:
- Switch. To power on the scooter, you merely have to turn on the switch. To power down the scooter, switch it off. The I means ON while the O means OFF. You can locate the switch at the bottom of the control panel.
- Power eye. The S542 Yoga has a power eye which lights up when the scooter is on and remains lighted when there is no problem. If there is an issue that requires troubleshooting, the power eye will flash codes.
- Speed control dial. You can conveniently regulate the maximum speed of the scooter from 1 to 4 mph using the speed control dial on the right side of the control panel. Turn the dial clockwise to increase the speed and turn it counterclockwise to decrease the speed. Merits Health recommends that you set the maximum speed to its lowest configuration when driving in a crowded place.
- Battery gauge. This lightweight scooter has a battery gauge with color-coded levels to help you determine the battery’s charge status. When the needle is in the green area, your scooter is still adequately charged. If it’s in the red area, your scooter needs recharging.
- Backup battery bag. You have the option to extend your drive range by packing an extra battery into the backup battery bag.
Battery and charging
The S542 Yoga Folding 4-wheel scooter uses one maintenance-free 24V 11.5AH Lithium battery that is stored inside its removable battery pack.
You use the 2A offboard charger that comes with the unit to charge the scooter. Before charging, make sure that the scooter’s power is turned off. Slide away the cover of the charging port and insert the 3-pin charger. Ensure that everything is plugged properly before turning on the charger.
The light indicator in the charger will show an amber light while charging is ongoing and will turn green once charging is finished.
S542 Yoga Folding 4-Wheel Travel Scooter Specifications:
- Weight capacity: 250 lbs
- Maximum speed: 4 mph
- Drive range: 11.25 miles
- Total weight: 57 lbs
- Dimension: 38” L x 17” W x 40” H
- Battery type: Lithium, maintenance-free
- Battery Charger: 2A offboard
- Battery size: one 24V 11.5AH
- Battery pack weight: 3.7 lbs
- Brake: Electromagnetic brakes
- Ground clearance: 5.5 inches
- Grade climbable: 6 degrees
- Turning radius: 37.8 inches
- Motor size: DC 24V, 80W 340W (max)
- Controller: PG S-Drive 45A
- Seat rotation: No
- Armrests: Flip back, removable, width-adjustable
- Seat type: High-backed, padded, folding, fixed
- Seat width: 16 inches
- Seat depths: 14 inches
- Power elevating seat: No
- Tire type: Foam-filled
- Front wheels: 6 inches
- Rear wheels: 7 inches
- Anti-tip wheels: Yes
- Basket included: No
- Suspension: Yes, spring suspension system (front wheels)
- Headlight: No
- Reflectors: No
- Backup battery bag: Yes
S542 Yoga Folding 4-Wheel Scooter Warranty:
- Warranty on the unit: 1 year
- Warranty on batteries: Not included (contact battery supplier)
If you have any more questions about the S542 Yoga Folding 4-Wheel Mobility Scooter, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-314-8225 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re more than happy to assist you in choosing the best scooter for your needs.
You can also check out our Comprehensive Guide on Buying a Mobility Scooter to help you decide what mobility scooter is the best for your needs.