S731 Roadster Deluxe 3-Wheel Travel Scooter
S731 Roadster Deluxe 3-Wheel Travel Scooter
The S731 Roadster Deluxe is a lightweight 3-wheel travel scooter that offers portability and convenience to users who are always on the go. This scooter is a great companion during your travels, when running an errand, or going shopping, as its loop-around tiller design makes it very easy to maneuver. It also has an easily accessible storage basket where you can put your personal items.
|• Easily disassembles into 5 pieces||• 260 lbs weight capacity|
|• Adjustable hydraulic delta tiller||• 4 mph top speed|
|• High-backed swivel seat with armrests||• 6 miles drive range|
|• LED headlight & storage basket||• 98 pounds total weight|
The S731 Roadster Deluxe 3-wheel travel scooter is an upgraded version of the S730 Roadster Mini 3-Wheel and it is designed and manufactured by Merits Health, a mobility aid manufacturing company with years of experience in the field.
Why the S731 Roadster Deluxe 3-Wheel Travel Scooter is what’s best for you
The Merits Health S731 Roadster Deluxe offers a comfortable and convenient ride for people with an active lifestyle.
This travel scooter is extremely portable as the unit and its batteries combined only weigh a total of 98 pounds and can be disassembled into 5 individual parts for easy storage in the trunk of your car. Putting the parts together also doesn’t need special equipment so you can reassemble the scooter within minutes once you arrive at your destination.
It is equipped with features that are not present in regular scooters, making the S731 a great mobility aid to make your life easier and help you take control of your independent mobility.
Power and full capacity
The S731 Roadster Deluxe uses two 12V 12 AH batteries to power its DC 24V, 110W (Rating) 420W(Max) motor. These give the travel scooter a driving range of up to 6 miles on just a single charge and a maximum speed of 4 mph. Despite weighing only 98 pounds, the scooter can carry a maximum load of 260 pounds.
You can also use the S731 Roadster Deluxe outdoors. It can climb ramps and inclines that have a gradient not exceeding 6 degrees. The scooter has a ground clearance of 2 inches so getting on and off the scooter is a breeze, especially for people with mobility problems. Take note, however, that the S731 Roadster Deluxe is not designed for off-road use so avoid using it on uneven terrain as well as grassy, sandy, and gravelly surfaces.
This travel scooter is also easy to operate indoors. Aside from its 8-inch flat-free non-marking tires, its 3-wheel design allows it to have a tight turning radius of 35.4 inches. With only a total length of 39.7 inches and a width of 20.8 inches, navigating around establishments, crowded places, and corridors using this scooter poses no problem.
Safety and security features
Your safety is very important, especially when using any form of travel device. Merits Health puts user safety in high regard so it has equipped the S731 with the following safety features to let you have a worry-free travel experience:
- Wig-Wag Control Lever. The S731 Roadster Deluxe has a throttle control lever attached on either side of the dashboard for easier operation. The throttle lets you control the forward, reverse, as well as stop movements of the scooter. Pushing any of the two levers will release the electric braking system, causing the scooter to accelerate. Simply push the right lever forward if you want the scooter to accelerate forward. If you want it to reverse, push the left lever forward instead and the scooter will accelerate backward.
- Electric braking system. Releasing the lever to its neutral position will engage the electric braking system. This will cause the scooter to decelerate until it stops completely. This travel scooter also has a programmable controller that comes with a high peddle disable feature in order to avoid sudden unintended acceleration.
- Manual Brake Release. To let the vehicle controller take control of the electric brake, set the manual brake release lever in a forward position. This way, the scooter can only be operated under power. Engaging the throttle to drive mode will release the electric brake and the scooter will accelerate. Releasing the throttle will engage the electric brake and the scooter will stop. If you want to move the scooter manually without power, pull the manual brake release lever rearward to hold the brake release in position.
- Anti-tip wheels. This travel scooter has anti-tip wheels at the rear which help to add stability to the scooter when driving on inclines and curves. These small wheels located next to the rear wheels prevent the scooter from tipping backward accidentally.
- Armrests. The S731 Roadster Deluxe has padded armrests on either side, not only to keep you comfortable but also to secure you to your seat.
- FDA compliant. This mobility scooter is compliant with FDA regulations. To prevent unexpected and uncontrollable movements brought about by Electromagnetic Interference from radio wave sources, the S371 Roadster is built with an EMI immunity level of 20 V/m.
Many mobility scooters for travel purposes are packed with safety features, however, you should exercise caution and follow safety protocols when using the scooter. Do not drive the scooter on places that are way above its capabilities such as:
- Driving across a slope with a gradient that’s greater than 3 degrees
- Climbing curbs greater than 1.5 inches
- Crossing over a gap that is greater than 3 inches in length
Comfort and Convenience
The demand for comfort varies from one user to another. In its effort to cater to the needs of a wide variety of mobility patients, Merits Health has made certain specs of the S731 Roadster Deluxe adjustable and customizable:
- Adjustable hydraulic delta tiller. While the S730 Roadster Mini uses a straight handlebar, the S731 Roadster Deluxe has a padded delta tiller. A delta tiller is a wrap-around tiller that makes navigation easier and simpler as it makes one hand operation possible. You can even adjust the tiller angle to the best driving position using the adjustment knob behind the tiller.
- High-backed swivel seat. For a more comfortable ride, the S731 Roadster deluxe has a high-backed swivel seat for an easier seat access. The seat is also removable, which is convenient for storage.
- Front storage basket. This mobility scooter has a front storage basket where you can put your personal items or groceries.
Merits scooters are known for their easy-to-use controls on the control panel, making scooter operation hassle-free as you have all the necessary knobs within reach.
- Key switch. Insert the key fully into the key switch to turn the scooter on and remove it to turn the scooter off. You can only remove the key switch once the scooter’s power is turned off.
- Power eye. The S731 Roadster Deluxe has a power eye on the control panel that lights up and remains unblinking when the scooter’s power is on and there is no problem. When there’s a situation that requires troubleshooting, the power eye will flash codes; each number of flashes has its own unique indication.
- Speed control dial. Although this travel scooter can run at a top speed of 4 mph, you can still regulate the fastest speed using the speed control dial. Turn the dial clockwise if you want to increase the maximum speed and turn it counterclockwise if you want to decrease the fastest speed capacity. No matter how hard you push the throttle lever, the scooter can only drive as fast as the setting in the speed control dial.
- Battery gauge. The battery gauge of the S731 Roadster Deluxe is color-coded, so it’s easy for you to determine the level of your battery charge. If the needle is still in the green zone, it means that your scooter is charged well. However, if it’s already in the red zone, the scooter needs to be charged soon.
- Horn. You can easily warn people that you are coming through by pressing the horn button on the control panel, which is located next to the power eye. This feature is also a big help when turning on blind curves or driving in a reverse direction.
Battery and charging
The S731 Roadster Deluxe 3-wheel scooter has a removable battery pack with two 12V 12AH sealed lead-acid (SLA) batteries, which are maintenance free. Just ensure that they are charged well by following the charging guidelines.
This mobility scooter already comes with a 1.8A offboard charger that has a light indicator. Before charging the battery, make sure that the scooter is turned off. Slide the cover from the battery receiver socket and insert the charger on the socket. Plug the other end of the charger to a power source. Make sure that everything is plugged properly before switching on the charger. While charging is ongoing, the light indicator will show an amber light, which will turn into green once the battery is fully charged.
S731 Roadster Deluxe 3-Wheel Travel Scooter Specifications:
- Weight capacity: 260 lbs
- Maximum speed: 4 mph
- Drive range: 6 miles
- Total weight: 98 lbs
- Heaviest piece: 28.5 lbs
- Dimension: 39.7” L x 20.8” W
- Battery type: Sealed Lead Acid
- Battery Charger: 1.8A offboard
- Battery size: two 12V 12AH
- Battery weight: 22 lbs
- Brake: Intelligent, regenerative, electromagnetic brakes
- Ground clearance: 2 inches
- Grade climbable: 6 degrees
- Turning radius: 35.4 inches
- Motor size: DC 24V, 110W (Rating) / 420W(Max)
- Controller: PG S-Drive 45
- Seat rotation: Yes
- Flip-back armrests: Yes
- Seat type: High-backed, padded, folding
- Seat width: 18 inches
- Seat depths: 15 inches
- Back height: 15 inches
- Seat height: 16-18 inches
- Maximum seat-to-floor height: 34 inches
- Seat options: Height adjust, swivel seat
- Power elevating seat: No
- Air-filled pneumatic tires: No
- Tire type: Flat free
- Front wheel: 8” PU
- Rear wheels: 8” PU
- Basket included: Yes
- Suspension: No
- Headlight: Yes
- Reflectors: No
S731 Roadster Deluxe 3-Wheel Warranty:
- Warranty on frame: 5 years
- Warranty on electronics and motors: 18 months
- Warranty on batteries: Not included (contact battery supplier)
If you have any more questions about the S731 Roadster Deluxe 3-Wheel Travel Scooter, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-314-8225 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re more than happy to assist you in choosing the best scooter for your needs.
You can also check out our Comprehensive Guide on Buying a Mobility Scooter to help you decide what type suits you best.