DreamWear Gel Pillows CPAP Mask
DreamWear Gel Pillows Mask
Philips Respironics has been committed to improving the quality of life of patients with sleep apnea. Its DreamWear CPAP mask innovative collection has three types of interchangeable cushions, the full face, the nasal, and the gel pillows. The DreamWear collection wants you to experience CPAP therapy the best possible way while feeling like you’re wearing nothing at all.
DreamWear Gel Pillows Key Features:
- Innovative air-tube connection. The air-tube connection is installed on the top of your head, allowing you more freedom to sleep in any position you desire.
- Minimalist design. This is one of the best things about the DreamWear CPAP masks and goes well with their tagline, “It’s like wearing nothing at all.” Its design gives you a clear field of vision so you can wear it and do other things before you sleep like reading (while wearing glasses), watching TV, and using your phone.
- Blue gel nasal pillow cushion. Available in 3 sizes, these cushions have silicone tips that fit comfortably inside each of your nostrils and minimizes leaks without being too invasive.
- 3 cushion sizes are included in the Fit Pack.
- A standard medium-sized frame is included in the Fit Pack. Small and large options are also available for order.
- Exhalation vent. The built-in vent allows exhaled air to flow out of the tube.
- Quick release tube. This tube allows you to connect or disconnect the tubing of your CPAP machine without the need to completely remove the entire mask and silicone frame. It is a very convenient feature for when you need to get out of bed temporarily to attend to the call of nature or drink a glass of water.
- Flexible and adjustable headgear. Adjust the headgear using the pull-tab adjusters to get the most comfortable fit.
- Sizing guide. Each design comes with a sizing guide to help you choose the perfect fit.
Why the DreamWear Gel Pillows Mask is a great option for your CPAP therapy
The DreamWear Gel Pillows Mask is a lightweight addition to the DreamWear CPAP mask collection. It attaches perfectly to the Dreamwear frame and can provide you with a comfortable sleep as the silicone tip of each blue gel pillow cushion fits snugly inside each of your nostrils. This design further minimizes air leak better than the seal under the nose design.
The Philips Respironics Dreamwear Gel Pillow Mask is available in three different sizes: small, medium, and large. You can use the gel pillow sizing gauge to determine which size fits you best, ideally the one without any gap between the blue gel and the skin under your nose.
Comfortable and Flexible
- High level of comfort. The DreamWear CPAP collection aims to be a comfortable solution to patients with sleep apnea and is designed to minimize discomfort and prevent skin irritation.
- Less invasive. Unlike other nasal pillows, the DreamWear Gel Pillows feel less invasive because only the silicon tip enters your nostril. The blue gell pillow creates a seal as it fits against the opening of your nose.
- Freedom of movement. The Philips Respironics DreamWear collection allows you to sleep in a comfortable position. You can lie on your side, on your back, or on your belly without worrying about a bulky tubing getting disconnected or kinked.
- In-frame airflow. In the DreamWear CPAP design, the air from the CPAP machine enters the tube and flows inside the frame. This design eliminates the need for bulky tubing that can hinder your freedom of movement.
- Minimal air leak. The Gel Pillows Mask design has soft blue gel pillows that create a seal at the bottom of your nose so air leaks are minimized.
Easy to operate
If you have the nasal mask or the full face mask, you can easily change the cushion for the gel pillows as all 3 DreamWear family are interchangeable and fit nicely with the frame.
The DreamWear Gel Pillows Mask is engineered to make life easier and better for patients. Assembling the device is very easy as the mask, the frame, and the headgear connect seamlessly.
Before assembling, you should pick the cushion size for you. Try each one and pick the one that doesn’t leave any gap, with the silicone tip inside the nostrils. Once you’ve picked the size of your cushion, attach it to the frame. Then, attach the quick release tube to the CPAP tubing.
Before putting on the mask, you should first loosen the headgear to its largest configuration through the tabs. Pull the silicone frame over your head and place the cushion under your nostrils. Pull the headgear down, peel the pull-tabs away, and adjust their length on either side to get the right amount of tension until the frame is secured, and press the tabs back to lock them in place.
Make sure that the headgear is adjusted to a comfortable fit. If it’s too tight, it might cause abrasion and redness; if it’s too loose, the frame might slide over your head. A correct fit will show that the frame is positioned between your eyes and ears
After putting on the frame, you may now connect the quick-release tube (which is attached to the CPAP tubing) to the DreamWear Mask elbow. To ensure that there is no leak, lie on your back, turn on the CPAP machine, and turn your head slowly from side to side. Check if there is a spot that is leaking. Adjust accordingly if there is.
To remove the mask, hold the cushion with one hand and the headgear with the other. Pull the mask away from your nose and lift it up over your head.
Philips Respironics has actual research data to back their claims. Patients using the device were tested in a research and they reported that the DreamWear Gel Pillows allow them to sleep in their desired position at night. They also experienced lesser discomfort on the nose, nostrils, and face when using the DreamWear Gel Pillows compared to their prescribed mask.
DreamWear Gel Pillows Mask package includes:
- Three Gel Pillow cushions (Large, Medium, Small)
- Mask frame (medium size)
- Elbow with built-in exhalation
- Quick release tubing
- Mask frame fabric sleeves (optional)
If you have any questions about the DreamWear Gel Pillows Mask, please give us a call at 1-800-314-8225 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be more than happy to assist you.