ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
AirSense 10 AutoSet:
The ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet is the premium auto-adjusting version of their popular CPAP device. The AutoSet will adjust the pressure on a breath-by-breath basis that suits your own personal breathing needs. Since your breathing patterns will change throughout the night, the AutoSet technology automatically adapts to your breathing throughout the night.
ResMed's AutoSet algorithm has been clinically validated in various third-party tests and peer-reviewed journals for more than a decade, so when you purchase a ResMed device, you can rest assured that you're purchasing a high quality and thoroughly tested device.
How Does The AutoSet Work?
The AutoSet technology is extremely advanced, but to put it simply, the device monitors three specific parameters. The three parameters are inspiratory flow limitation, snore, and apnea. The AutoSet adjusts pressure when an airway blockage starts to occur.
How Fast Will The AutoSet Adjust?
The AutoSet assesses your breathing based on a three breath average. The three breath average will be calculated and the device will start adjusting based on those three breaths.
Why Should I Choose An AutoSet?
The number one reason for choosing an autoset device is because they will adapt to your personal breathing needs. With an autoset you will receive the minimum pressure required for effective therapy, and as an end result, the lower pressure will improve your comfort.
AirSense 10 AutoSet Features:
- Clinically Proven Algorithm: The Airsense 10's AutoSet feature is clinically proven and well respected in the field of sleep-disordered breathing. The AutoSet automatically changes the pressure required on an hourly, nightly, and season to season basis. The pressure required in one season may vary from the previous season, and the ResMed AirSense 10 AutSet automatically notices those changes and applies the correct amount of pressure.
- Advanced Event Detection:
- AutoRamp with Sleep Onset Detection:
- Quiet Easy-Breathe Motor
- Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR):
- AutoSet Response Comfort Setting:
- Pulse Oximetry Monitoring:
- Integrated Humidification:
- AirView Connected:
- Large Color Screen:
- Ambient Light Sensor:
What's Inside The Box:
- Machine With Integrated Humidifier
- Water Tub
- Power Supply
- Travel Bag
- SD Card
- Air Tubing
- Two Year Warranty
Setting Up Your AirSense 10 AutoSet:
This is covered in your included manual, but if you're interested in purchasing this device, we're going to show you how simple it is.
- Place the device on a stable level surface
- Plug the power connector into the rear of the device. Connect one end of the power cord into the power supply unit and the other end into the power outlet.
- Connect the air tubing firmly into the air outlet located on the rear of the device.
- Open the water tub and fill with water up to the maximum water level mark.
- Close the water tub and insert it into the side of the device.
- Connect the free end of the air tubing firmly onto the assembled mask. Press start/stop to begin therapy.
It's as simple as that - the manual included in your package also includes pictures of each step that shows you everything you need to know to start using your device.
Using The AirSense 10 AutoSet:
- Adjust your mask
- Press the large start button (if you have the SmartStart feature enabled, simply breathe normally)
- After starting the device you will be able to see the current treatment pressure on the large color screen.
- The screen will go black after adjusting your settings. If you would like the screen to come back on, simply push the home button or dial to turn the screen back on.
- After getting your great nights sleep, simply remove your mask.
- If you have SartStart enabled, the machine will stop on its own after removing your mask. If you turned that feature off, press the STOP button and the device will stop.
After you've stopped using the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, you will see a sleep report on the colored screen. The sleep report will show you the usage hours, your mask seal and the humidifier. You will notice a smiley face or a frowny face next to Mask Seal and humidifier. If you see a smiley face, that means everything is working as it should.
If you see a frown/sad face on the AirSense 10 screen next to Mask Seal it means that your mask needs adjusting. If you see a frown/sad face next to Humidifier on the screen it means the humidifier might be faulty and you should contact us to help get yours working properly.
Cleaning The Device:
- Wash the water tub and air tubing in warm water using mild detergent. Do not wash in a dishwasher or washing machine.
- Rinse the water tub and air tubing thoroughly and allow to dry out of direct sunlight and/or heat.
- Wipe the exterior of the device with a dry clean cloth.
If you have any additional questions about the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet please give us a call at (800) 314-8225.