ResMed Ultra Mirage Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
ResMed Ultra Mirage Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
The ResMed Ultra Mirage is a great solution for people who are having trouble with their CPAP therapy because of allergies, nasal congestion, and poor seal over the nose and mouth. When the seal isn’t enough, this will lead to lower air pressure resulting in poor therapy and sleep quality.
If you have experienced any of these, this full-face CPAP mask product manufactured by ResMed is the solution to your problem. The ResMed Ultra Mirage Full Face CPAP mask guarantees minimal air leak and a comfortable seal through its Mirage™ cushion technology. Through its features, you are sure to experience a comfortable and convenient sleep.
- Adjustable forehead support. This full face CPAP mask lets you adjust the bendable forehead support strap in 4 positions until you get the best comfortable fit and mask seal. The forehead support of the Ultra Mirage has forehead pads that are flexible so it follows the shape of your forehead, providing you with a good and more stable fit.
- Mirage™ cushion technology. The ResMed Ultra Mirage is a known product when it comes to comfortable and leak-free full face CPAP masks. Its Mirage™ cushion technology doesn’t require a tight headgear to achieve a leak-free seal. This way, you don’t have to worry about experiencing discomfort and developing bruises and sores around your face.
- Convenient headgear adjustment. This full face CPAP mask prides itself for its set-and-forget headgear adjustment, wherein you only need to adjust and set your headgear configuration once. The next time you put the mask on, the headgear is adjusted already so it is more convenient and time-saving.
- Easy to wear. Wearing and putting on the ResMed Ultra Mirage is a breeze for it has headgear clips on the top and bottom. These clips make wearing and taking off the headgear and the CPAP mask easier and hassle-free.
- Latex-free. This mask doesn’t contain latex so it’s a great option for people with latex allergy.
- Polycarbonate mask frame, making the frame of the ResMed Ultra Mirage lightweight and very durable.
- Silicone mask cushion
- Breath-O-Prene™ and Velcro® headgear
ResMed Ultra Mirage Full Face CPAP Mask is a great option for your CPAP therapy
CPAP users know the importance of design and comfort in CPAP therapy for sleep apnea. For this reason, ResMed has been dedicating its efforts and resources into creating high-quality CPAP masks to help patients with sleep apnea get their much-needed quality sleep, which will consequently lead to a better quality of life.
Many bilevel and CPAP users lose air pressure, which is very essential is CPAP therapy, because of breathing through the mouth (due to a stuffy nose or allergic rhinitis) or poor mask seal that leads to air leak around the mouth area. Thankfully, ResMed decided to create a product to solve this problem, the ResMed Ultra Mirage Full Face CPAP mask.
As a full face CPAP mask, this product covers both the mouth and the nose for a more effective CPAP therapy. The Ultra Mirage Full Face Mask comes with a medium or standard size headgear. You can also purchase other headgear sizes separately if you wish. Other headgear sizes that are available include the small, medium (or standard), and large.
Available in different frame sizes
To get the best fit, the Ultra Mirage is available in three frame sizes namely the small, medium, and large. The clips, cushions, and frames are not interchangeable among the three different sizes. Shallow cushions work best for men with facial hair.
- Small (Standard and shallow). Have a small frame, small clips, and fit small cushions.
- Medium (Standard and shallow). Have a medium frame, medium clips, and fit medium cushions.
- Large (standard and shallow). Have a large frame, large clop, and fit large cushions.
Determining the size of the CPAP mask components is easy as each part has been labeled accordingly. You simply need to know where to look for them.
To find out the size of the frame, simply position the mask in a way that the swivel is facing you. Locate the connection point of the headgear clips on the elbow’s left and right side. On the top part of the connection point, you will see an embossed letter that will tell you the size of the mask frame.
The cushion clip is the one that connects the mask frame and the full face cushion. It has three tabs that are used to connect itself to the mask frame. To determine the size of the cushion clip, turn the mask until the headgear bar is facing down. Look for the tab that is located at the bottom of the mask, across the elbow. There, you will find a letter that indicates the size of the cushion clips.
The size of the full-face cushion can be seen in two locations. To determine the size of the cushion, follow these steps:
- Position the mask in a way that you are facing the elbow. Turn the mask to the left and you will find the size embossed on the side of the cushion, between the elbow and the headgear bar.
- Another method is to position the swivel upright and the mask upside down. Turn your attention to the middle part of the cushion, and you will find the size.
Easy to use
Aside from the set-and-forget feature of the ResMed Ultra Mirage Full Face CPAP mask, fitting this mask is also as easy. Just keep in mind the following reminders:
- The best way to fit and adjust the mask is when you are in a sleeping position with the PAP machine attached and turned on at your prescribed treatment pressure.
- Do not tighten the headgear too much. Just adjust it to a comfortable configuration.
- When the mask is already in place, the forehead support pads must be touching your forehead lightly.
- The upper straps must be positioned across your forehead and the lower straps must pass below your ears.
- Getting rid of air leak from the eyes is essential so if you are going to tighten the headgear, start from the top and adjust carefully in slow increments.
- If you experience air leak at night, remove the mask completely from your face before readjusting and repositioning it. This will also allow the mask cushion to reinflate, providing you with a better mask seal.
- Do not let the sides of you nostrils touch the cushion to prevent pinching.
- If you sleep without your dentures, remove them when fitting the mask as your facial contours and shape change with and without them.
- When washing the mask, do not use bleach and other strong cleaning products as these can reduce the lifespan of your mask. Simply handwash the headgear with pure soap and warm water, rinse well, and air dry it away from direct sunlight.
ResMed Ultra Mirage Full Face CPAP Mask package includes:
- Mask Frame
- Headgear (standard/medium size)
- Headgear Clips
- Elbow Assembly
- Mask Cushion and Clip
- Forehead Pad and Assembly
The ResMed Ultra Mirage Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear and its components have a limited warranty of 90 days from the date of purchase and should be free from defect and workmanship.
If you have any questions about the ResMed Ultra Mirage Full Face CPAP Mask, please give us a call at 1-800-314-8225 or email us at email@example.com. We will be more than happy to assist you.