S730 Roadster Mini 3-Wheel Travel Scooter
S730 Roadster Mini 3-Wheel Travel Scooter
The Merits Health S730 Roadster Mini 3-Wheel travel scooter is a practical choice for your mobility needs. It has straight-to-the-point features that make it very easy to operate and maneuver both indoors and outdoors.
|• Swivel seat with flip-up armrests
||• 260 lbs weight capacity
|• Front storage basket
||• 4 mph top speed
|• Adjustable tiller angle and seat height
||• 6 miles drive range
|• Easily disassembles into 4 pieces
||• 77 pounds total weight
The S730 Roadster Mini 3-Wheel is designed and manufactured by Merits Health, a trusted company that is known for producing high-quality travel scooters, power chairs, and other mobility products in its effort to improve the quality of life of patients with mobility issues.
Why the S730 Roadster Mini 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter fits you best
Merits scooters are known for their great functionality, stylish designs, and user-friendly mechanisms. Its S730 Roadster mini 3-wheel is one of the best mobility scooters for travel purposes as it is lightweight and weighs only 77 pounds. This scooter is very easy to set up and disassembles into 4 pieces just as quickly without the need to use tools.
The S730 Roadster Mini 3 also has adjustable and customizable features that you won’t find in regular travel electric scooters, which further enhances comfort and user experience.
Power and full capacity
The S730 Roadster Mini is powered by two 12V/10AH batteries and DC 24V motor (100W rating and 420W max). It has a maximum speed of 4 mph and a driving range of up to 6 miles on a single charge. This scooter can carry up to 260 pounds of load and can climb gradients with up to 6-degree angle.
This travel electric scooter is very easy to maneuver indoors as it has 34.6 inches of turning radius. Apart from being lightweight at only 77 pounds, it can also be dismantled without the use of tools and fit the trunk of your car for easier storage and transportability.
The S730 Roadster Mini has an overall length of 38 inches, a width of 21 inches, and a height of 34 inches so navigating through narrow pathways and hallways is not a cause for concern.
You can also use this travel scooter outdoors. However, you should only drive it on an even, flat, and dry surface. Avoid using the mobility scooter on rough terrains as the scooter’s tire size and 2-inch ground clearance are not meant for uneven terrain conditions.
Safety and security features
Many travel scooters for sale on the market comes with standard safety and security features. Merits Health understands the importance of these features and how they affect user experience; that’s why the S730 comes with the following built-in features for your peace of mind:
- Wig-Wag Control Lever. This scooter’s throttle control comes in the form of a wig-wag control lever, which looks like a small see-saw installed in front of the tiller. This is used to control the speed of your acceleration as well as the forward and reverse direction. To accelerate forward, pull the right lever towards you. To accelerate backward, pull the left lever.
- Electric braking system. If you release the lever to its neutral position, the scooter will decelerate until it stops completely. This scooter has a programmable controller with a high peddle disable feature that prevents sudden unexpected acceleration.
- Manual Brake Release. To let the vehicle controller take over the scooter, you should keep the manual brake release lever in a lower position. This way, the scooter will only move when you pull the throttle or the wig-wag control lever. If you want to manually push the scooter, pull the manual brake release lever up. This way, the scooter will not operate under power and can be moved freely even without engaging the throttle.
- Anti-tip wheels. The S730 Roadster Mini has anti-tip wheels next to its rear wheels. These tiny wheels help to stabilize the scooter to prevent you from tipping backward when driving up a slope. Always remember that you should never drive your scooter perpendicular to a slope.
- Armrests. The padded armrests on either side of this travel scooter not only offer comfort and convenience to the user, but they also secure you to your seat while you’re on the road.
- FDA compliant with immunity level of 20 V/m so you are protected from common electromagnetic interference (EMI) sources. EMI from radio wave sources can make your scooter harder to control, move by itself or towards an unintended direction, or release brakes.
Despite these safety features, however, you should still follow the safety guidelines when using a mobility scooter. Never drive the scooter in traffic and don’t use it on areas that are far above its standard capacities such as steeper upslopes and climbing curbs higher than 1.5 inches.
Comfort and Convenience
Merits Health knows that comfort is highly subjective and varies from one user to another so they came up with adjustable features to keep you satisfied. Aside from the width and angle-adjustable armrests, the S730 Roadster Mini 3-wheel also has other customizable features.
- Adjustable and foldable tiller. This mobility scooter has a standard handlebar tiller, similar to a bicycle’s. You can control your direction by simply tilting the handgrip to where you want to go. You can also adjust the tiller angle until you reach a comfortable position using the tilt adjustment knob located below the storage basket.
- High-backed swivel seat. The S730 Roadster Mini has a padded, ergonomically designed, high-backed swivel seat for an optimum driving experience. You can also adjust the seat height to suit your comfort.
- Front storage basket. This travel scooter has a removable front basket where you can store your personal items on your journey.
Operating this travel scooter is simplified to help you enjoy your independent mobility without much hassle. Its controls are easily accessible and located on the tiller itself.
- Pin key. To power on your scooter, simply insert the key into the pin. This will boot the motor and the control panel will light up as well. To turn the scooter off, simply remove the key from the pin.
- Power eye. The power eye not only tells you that the scooter’s power is on; it also flashes codes when the scooter has a special situation that you need to address. Each number of flashes has different meanings.
- Speed control dial. The S730 Roadster Mini 3-wheel scooter has a top speed of 4 mph. You can easily control your maximum speed through the speed control dial. To decrease your maximum speed, turn the dial counterclockwise; to increase it, turn the dial clockwise. It is important to keep the maximum speed at a slow rate when driving on crowded areas.
- Battery gauge. This mobility scooter has a color-coded battery gauge that tells you the charge status of the batteries. If the needle is still in the green area, it means that the scooter is close to full charge. However, it the needle is already in the red area, it means that the charge is nearing depletion. When this happens, avoid driving long distances and charge the scooter immediately to avoid inconvenience. You can also use the power eye as a guide to determine the need to charge the device.
- Horn. Warn people of your presence to avoid a collision. To activate the horn, simply press the button on the control panel. This feature is also handy for when you need to turn on blind curves or drive on a reverse direction.
Battery and charging
The S730 Roadster Mini 3-wheel scooter comes with a removable battery pack containing two 12V 10AH maintenance-free, sealed lead-acid batteries. All you have to do is to make sure that the batteries are charged properly and follow proper charging protocols.
The unit also has a 1.8A offboard charger with a light indicator. To charge the scooter, make sure that the power is turned off. Connect the battery charger into the battery pack’s charging port. Switch on the battery charger only once the plugs are already in place. A charging battery will show an amber light, while a fully charged battery will show a green light on the charger’s light indicator.
S730 Roadster Mini 3-Wheel Travel Scooter Specifications:
- Weight capacity: 260 lbs
- Maximum speed: 4 mph
- Drive range: 6 miles
- Total weight: 77 lbs
- Dimension: 38” L x 21” W x 34” H
- Battery type: Sealed Lead Acid
- Battery Charger: 1.8A offboard
- Battery size: two 12V 10AH
- Battery weight: 16.7 lbs
- Brake: Electronic
- Ground clearance: 2 inches
- Grade climbable: 6 degrees
- Motor size: DC 24V, 110W (Rating) / 420W(Max)
- Controller: PG S-Drive 45A
- Seat rotation: Yes
- Flip-back armrests: Yes
- Seat type: Padded, folding
- Seat width: 15 inches
- Seat depths: 15 inches
- Seat height: 16-18 inches
- Maximum seat-to-floor height: 34 inches
- Seat options: Height adjust, swivel seat
- Power elevating seat: No
- Turning radius: 34.6 inches
- Tire type: Flat free
- Front wheel: 8” PU
- Rear wheels: 8” PU
- Basket included: Yes
- Headlight: No
- Reflectors: No
S730 Roadster Mini 3-Wheel Warranty:
- Warranty on frame: 1 year
- Warranty on batteries: Not included (contact battery supplier)
If you have any more questions about the S730 Roadster Mini 3-Wheel Travel Scooter, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-314-8225 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re more than happy to assist you in choosing the best scooter for your needs. You can also check out our Comprehensive Guide on Buying a Mobility Scooter to help you decide what type suits you best.