S740 Roadster 4-Wheel Travel Scooter
S740 Roadster 4-Wheel Travel Scooter
Merits Health S740 Roadster is a 4-wheel mobility scooter with a compact build and simple design. It has all the basic features and specifications for your daily mobility needs. This lightweight mobility scooter is extremely portable and easy to operate, making it a great option for people with an active lifestyle.
|• Easily disassembles into 5 pieces||• 250 lbs weight capacity|
|• Foldable, tiltable tiller||• 4 mph top speed|
|• Adjustable swivel seat and armrests||• 6 miles drive range|
|• Removable storage basket||• 77 pounds total weight|
The S740 Roadster is the 4-wheel version of the S730 Roadster Mini 3-wheel. It is designed and manufactured by Merits Health, a mobility scooter company that uses its years of experience in the industry to create high-quality scooters for the individual needs of various users.
Why the S740 Roadster 4-Wheel Travel Scooter is what’s best for you
As the 4-wheel version of the S730 Roadster, the S740 Roadster has almost the same functionality and capacity as the S730. However, its 4-wheel configuration provides better stability compared to 3 wheels.
Like many lightweight travel scooters for sale in the market, the 4-wheel mobility scooter is very portable. Weighing only a total of 77 pounds, this scooter is a breeze to carry around. You can also disassemble this scooter into 5 individual parts for easier storage and loading in the trunk of your vehicle.
Assembling and disassembling the scooter doesn’t require any tool at all and will only take you minutes to do so.
Power and full capacity
The S740 Roadster 4-wheel scooter is powered by two 12V 10AH SLA batteries. When fully charged, this travel scooter can give you up to 6 miles of drive range. The scooter uses DC 24V 100W, 420W(Max) motor and can run at a top speed of 4 mph. The lightweight frame of the scooter can tolerate a maximum load of 250 pounds.
This lightweight mobility scooter lets you navigate indoor places with ease. It has a total length of 37.6 inches, an overall width of 21.4 inches, and a turning radius of 43.3 inches, making driving in crowded places, corridors, and hallways hassle-free. It has 4 puncture-proof and non-marking tires, making it a great companion for indoor driving.
Although the S740 Roadster is best used indoors where the surface condition is ideal, you can also use it outdoors. Although this travel scooter has a 2-inch ground clearance and a 6-degree climbing angle, it is not engineered to withstand rough terrain conditions.
If you are to use the scooter outdoors, do not drive through sandy, grassy, and gravelly terrains as these can damage your scooter and compromise your safety.
Safety and security features
Safety and security features are important factors to consider when choosing a mobility scooter. The S740 Roadster has the following features to let you enjoy a worry-free ride:
- Wig-Wag Control Lever. Just like the S730, the S740 Roadster also uses a wig-wag control lever to engage the throttle. This lever gives you full control of the forward and backward movements of the scooter. To accelerate forward, simply pull the right lever towards you. To accelerate backward, pull the left lever instead.
- Electric braking system. When you release the wig-wag control lever, the scooter will slow down until it stops completely. For added safety, the S740 is equipped with a programmable controller with a high peddle disable feature that functions to prevent sudden acceleration.
- Manual Bake Release. If you want the scooter to operate using the vehicle controller, push the manual brake release lever down. This will ensure that the scooter will only move when the power is on and acceleration is fully controlled by the throttle. If you want to push the scooter manually, pull the lever up to hold the brake release. This will allow the wheels to roll freely even without power. Likewise, you will not be able to drive the scooter under power.
- Anti-tip wheels. Also known as caster wheels, the S740 has two anti-tip wheels next to the rear wheels. These small wheels further reinforce the stability of the scooter to prevent you from tipping backward when driving up an incline.
- Armrests. The high-backed seat of the S740 Roadster 4-wheel scooter has armrests installed on either side that help secure you to your seat. You can adjust the width of the armrests until you find it comfortable. You can also flip the armrests back for an easier seat access.
- FDA compliant. As mandated by the FDA, the S740 Roadster has an Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) immunity of 20 V/m. This means that you are safe from uncontrollable scooter movements brought by EMI.
When choosing the best travel mobility scooter for your needs, safety features is one of the things you should prioritize. Likewise, you should also observe safety guidelines when operating your scooter and avoid driving the scooter on areas far beyond its limits like:
- Driving across a slope with an angle that’s more than 3 degrees
- Climbing curbs exceeding 1.5 inches in height
- Crossing over a gap that is wider than 3 inches
Comfort and Convenience
Driving comfort and quality of experience go hand-in-hand. Merits scooters are designed to provide a comfortable ride to its users through its adjustable and customizable features:
- Adjustable and foldable tiller. The S740 has a straight tiller used to steer the scooter to your desired direction. It also contains the dashboard on top with all the buttons and dials you need to control the scooter. You can adjust the angle of the tiller using the adjustment knob to get better access to the controls. It is also foldable for a hassle-free storage.
- High-backed swivel seat. The backrest of the S740 is well-padded. You can swivel the seat for easier mounting and dismounting. The seat is also removable for easy storage.
- Front storage basket. This travel scooter comes with a storage basket in front of the tiller to house your necessities and personal items while on the road.
Operating the S740 Roaster is made simple through easy-to-use control panel features:
- Pin key. Turning the scooter on is pretty straightforward. To power on, insert the key to the pin. To power off, simply pull out the key.
- Power eye. The power eye lights up when the scooter is turned on. If everything in the scooter is working well, the light of the power eye is constantly turned on. If there’s a problem that needs troubleshooting, the power eye will flash codes; each number of flashes has a corresponding meaning.
- Speed control dial. The speed control dial regulates the maximum speed of the scooter. To increase the maximum speed for up to 4 mph, turn the dial clockwise; to decrease the maximum speed up to 1 mph, turn the dial counterclockwise.
- Battery gauge. The S740 has a color-coded battery gauge so you can easily determine the charge status of the scooter at a single glance. If the needle is somewhere in the green zone, the scooter has sufficient charge. If the needle is already in the red area, you need to charge the scooter soon as the battery charge is already nearing depletion.
- Horn. This lightweight travel scooter has a horn button on the control panel. Simply press the horn button to warn people that you are coming towards them. As a safety precaution, you can also press the horn before turning on a blind curve or driving in reverse.
Battery and charging
The S740 Roadster 4-wheel scooter is powered by two 12V 10AH sealed lead-acid (SLA) batteries. These batteries are maintenance free and housed inside a removable battery pack at the base of the scooter. Make sure that the battery is charged properly following the guidelines in the user manual.
The compact scooter comes with a 1.5A offboard battery charger. Prior to charging, ensure that the scooter is turned off. Insert the plug into the charging port and insert the other end into a power source.
Before you turn on the charger, double check that everything is plugged properly. While the battery is charging, the light indicator in the battery will show an amber light. The light will turn green when the battery is already fully charged.
S740 Roadster 4-Wheel Travel Scooter Specifications:
- Weight capacity: 250 lbs
- Maximum speed: 4 mph
- Drive range: 6 miles
- Total weight: 77 lbs
- Dimension: 38” L x 21” W x 34” H
- Battery type: Sealed Lead Acid
- Battery Charger: 1.5A offboard
- Battery size: two 12V 10AH
- Battery pack weight: 16.7 lbs
- Brake: Intelligent, regenerative, electromagnetic brakes
- Ground clearance: 2 inches
- Grade climbable: 6 degrees
- Turning radius: 43.3 inches
- Motor size: DC 24V, 110W (Rating) / 420W(Max)
- Controller: S40
- Seat rotation: Yes
- Flip-back armrests: Yes
- Seat type: High-backed, padded, folding
- Seat width: 15 inches
- Seat depths: 15 inches
- Backrest height: 16 inches
- Seat height: 16-18 inches
- Seat options: Height adjust, swivel seat
- Power elevating seat: No
- Air-filled pneumatic tires: No
- Tire type: Flat free, non-marking
- Front wheels: 8” PU
- Rear wheels: 8” PU
- Caster wheels: 7” PU
- Basket included: Yes
- Suspension: No
- Headlight: No
- Reflectors: No
S740 Roadster 4-Wheel Warranty:
- Warranty on the unit: 1 year
- Warranty on batteries: Not included (contact battery supplier)
If you have any more questions about the S740 Roadster 4-Wheel Travel Scooter, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-314-8225 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re more than happy to assist you in choosing the best scooter for your needs.
You can also check out our Comprehensive Guide on Buying a Mobility Scooter to help you decide what type suits you best.