S941A Silverado Full Suspension 4-Wheel Mobility Scooter
S941A Silverado Full Suspension 4-Wheel Mobility Scooter
Merits S941A Silverado is a stylish mobility scooter that can provide you with a premium scooter experience through its technologically advanced features and ergonomically designed seat, tiller, and footplate. It also has amazing drive capacity and performance that will guarantee you a convenient and comfortable ride, whether indoors or outdoors.
|• Delta Tiller with a throttle control lever||• 350 pounds weight capacity|
|• Full lighting package & digital dash display||• Up to 9.5 mph top speed|
|• Full suspension system & rearview mirrors||• Up to 32 miles drive range|
|• Front basket & under-tiller storage||• 260 total weight|
|• Adjustable captain seat and armrests||• Disassembles into 4 parts|
Merits Health has designed the S941A Silverado to cater to users who want to have the best and most comfortable mobility scooter experience. If you want a variant with even higher weight capacity, longer drive range, and faster speed, you might wanna consider the S941L Silverado Extreme, the upgraded version of the S941A.
Why the S941A Silverado 4-Wheel Mobility Scooter is the best scooter for your needs
Merits scooters for sale in the market are known for their comfort and adjustability and the S941A even raised the bar higher in terms of convenience and performance. It lets you take full control of your scooter through its controls and dials which are easily accessible on the dashboard. This mobility scooter’s above-average capacity, speed, and drive range also gives you the ability to accomplish your daily tasks with ease.
Power and full capacity
The S941A Silverado 4-wheel mobility scooter is powered by two 12V 75AH batteries, which can give you up to 32 miles driving range when the road condition is ideal. Although this is affected by terrain and load, this range is enough to keep you productive throughout the day.
This scooter uses DC 24V, 400W motor (1750W max) that lets you enjoy a top speed of 9.5 mph. It has a single frame that gives it superior stability and strength to carry a maximum weight of 350 pounds. With a total length of 51 inches, a width of 27 inches, and a height of 49 inches, this scooter has enough leg space to accommodate users of any size.
As a 4-wheel mobility scooter with a 3.5-inch ground clearance, the S941A Silverado is a breeze to use outdoors. 4-wheel scooters are generally more stable than 3-wheel scooters. The Silverado’s 12-inch pneumatic tires can absorb shock on their own and have a great traction to traverse rougher roads; just make sure that the tires are maintained at 35psi. This scooter also has an amazing gradient that allows it to climb ramps with up to 10° angles.
This Merits scooter is also easy to use in crowded places as it has a 65.7-inch turning radius and a speed control dial that lets you downgrade the top speed of the scooter for safety purposes.
Although this scooter can tolerate outdoor conditions better than other mobility scooters for sale, you should still exercise caution when doing so. Avoid using the scooter on wet roads, grassy plains, sandy areas, and gravelly surfaces to prolong the lifespan of the S941A Silverado.
Safety and security features
Merits Health has invested a lot of effort to make sure that their scooters are safe and secure to use. Although the S941A Silverado is a bit pricey, it is a worthwhile investment as it has premium safety and security features to keep your journey as worry-free as possible:
- Heavy-duty bumper. The S941A Silverado has a heavy-duty front bumper to protect you and your scooter.
- Rearview mirrors. This 4-wheel scooter allows you to have a full view of your surroundings. You can easily see what’s going on behind you through the dual rearview mirrors on the left and right side of the tiller, which you can adjust accordingly to improve your line of vision.
- Headlight. Be safe from collisions when driving through dimly lit areas by activating the bright headlights. The Silverado uses LED lights in its lighting package to minimize power consumption. However, it is best if you avoid using the scooter outdoors during night time.
- Rear light. The S941A Silverado has rear lights that consist of brake lights, tail lights, hazard light, and turn signal lights to warn people behind you of your next move.
- Turning half-speed control. This mobility scooter has an automatic half-speed turning control that is activated through a built-in sensor. This feature slows down your scooter to half its driving speed when turning on curves to prevent you from cruising and tipping accidentally.
- Positioning belt (optional). For added safety, you can opt to purchase the S941A Silverado with a positioning belt. This belt secures you to your seat to prevent you from slipping or falling forward. You can contact your dealer and other healthcare professionals when mounting the positioning belt.
- Freewheel mode. This scooter allows you to manually push the scooter without using power through the freewheel mode. However, you should never engage the freewheel lever, which you can find at the back of the scooter, while you are on the scooter. Stand on the side of the scooter and engage or disengage the lever. If this is beyond your ability, you can ask for assistance from your healthcare provider or a trusted relative.
- Electromagnetic braking system. When you release the throttle to its neutral position, the electromagnetic brakes are activated, which trigger the scooter to decelerate automatically until it comes to a complete stop.
- FDA compliance. Merits Health has built the S941A Silverado with an EMI (electromagnetic interference) immunity of at least 20 V/m in compliance to the FDA standard. This ensures that your scooter is less likely to develop system errors following an exposure to radio waves and other forms of EMIs.
Comfort and adjustability
The Silverado 4-wheel scooter is built to accommodate a wide range of users with varying needs. Hence, this scooter has very adjustable features to let you obtain the best position during scooter operation. Having a scooter that you can adjust for your comfort can definitely improve your convenience and independent mobility.
- Adjustable Swivel Captain Seat. This 4-wheel mobility scooter has a plush captain seat with an ergonomic backrest to reduce back pain from prolonged sitting. The backrest can be reclined and adjusted to your preferred angle. It also comes with a curved headrest to keep you comfortable during long journeys. The seat can be adjusted into different height settings to match your frame. You can also slide the seat forward and backward until you are more comfortable with the distance between you and the tiller. The seat also rotates so you can get on and off the scooter with ease.
- Adjustable padded armrests. The S941A Silverado extreme has soft, padded armrests that you can fold up, adjust in height, and adjust inward and outward until you are comfortable.
- Delta tiller. The padded Delta tiller allows for one-hand scooter operation. It is user-friendly and can be operated by right and left-handed users with ease. The delta tiller helps reduce the incidence of wrist strain as you can rest your wrist comfortably on the wrap-around handlebar. The angle of the delta tiller is adjustable if you wish to position the dashboard and the controls closer to or farther from you.
- Storage. The Silverado 4-wheel has a spacious front basket where you can put your belongings. It also has an additional storage just beneath the tiller where you can put the stuff you need immediate access to such as your water bottle and cellular phone.
With the S941A Silverado, all the controls you’ll ever need are installed on an accessible area on the dashboard. This scooter gives you the ability to fully control all the operations.
The LCD digital dashboard displays everything you need to know about the status of your scooter such as the temperature, battery gauge, speed, odometer, time, and system maintenance messages. It also has dials, buttons, and other control features such as:
- Key switch. To turn on the S941A Silverado, simply insert the key into the key switch and turn it clockwise. To turn off the power, turn the key counterclockwise.
- Wig-wag throttle control. This scooter is very user-friendly and can be easily controlled by left- and right-handed people with ease. The wig-wag lever controls the forward and rearward movement of the scooter. To accelerate forward, you can push the left side of the control lever using your left thumb or pull the right side of the control lever using the fingers of your right hand. On the other hand, to accelerate rearward, you can push the right side of the control lever using your right thumb or pull the left side of the control lever using the fingers of your left hand.
- Speed adjustment knob. You can adjust the maximum speed of the scooter using the speed adjustment knob on the control panel. As a safety precaution, you should set it to its lowest setting when driving in a crowded place.
- Light buttons. The S941A Silverado has a hazard light button, turn signal button, and headlight button, which you can press to activate the lighting system.
- Battery condition meter. This meter tells you about the voltage of your scooter’s battery. This is shown in the LCD display once the scooter is powered up. When the voltage is low, charge the scooter immediately to prevent completely discharging the battery.
- Horn button. Alert people around you by pressing the horn button. This comes really handy when you’re in a crowded place. You can also use it to attract attention when you need other people’s help or assistance.
Battery and Charging
The S941A comes with a 6A off-board charger to charge its two 12V 75AH maintenance-free sealed lead-acid batteries. These batteries are a practical choice and cost-efficient as they don’t require regular maintenance. Simply ensure that they are charged properly and they will surely last you a long time.
Before you use the scooter for the first time, fully charge the batteries. This will ensure that the scooter will run smoothly.
To charge the scooter, place it near a power outlet and remove the key from the key switch. Make sure that the freewheel lever is in the drive position before plugging the 3-pin charger into the charging port. Plug the other end of the charger to the power outlet and wait for the batteries to charge for 8 to 14 hours.
If you intend to use your scooter every day, charge it after every use. If you are planning to use it at least once a week, charge the batteries for 12 to 14 hours once a week. Do not let your batteries get drained completely as it can reduce their lifespan.
S941A Silverado 4-Wheel Mobility Scooter Specifications:
- Weight capacity: 350 lbs
- Maximum speed: Up to 9.5 mph
- Drive range: Up to 32 miles
- Total weight: 260 lbs
- Dimension: 51” L x 27” W x 49” H
- Battery type: Maintenance-free sealed lead-acid batteries
- Battery Charger: 6A offboard
- Battery size: two 12V 75AH (two 12V 50AH optional)
- Battery pack weight: 37 lbs each
- Brake: Intelligent regenerative electromagnetic brakes
- Ground clearance: 3.5 inches
- Grade climbable: 10 degrees
- Turning radius: 65.7 inches
- Motor size: 24VDC, 400W
- Controller: Dynamic Rhino2-120A
- Seat rotation: Yes
- Armrests: Flip back, angle-adjustable, width-adjustable
- Seat type: Captain seat, padded, folding, swivels
- Seat adjustment: Height, forward and rearward
- Seat width: 18 inches
- Seat depths: 17 inches
- Seat height: 17-19 inches
- Backrest height: 20 inches
- Power elevating seat: No
- Tire type: Pneumatic Tires
- Front wheels: 12 inches
- Rear wheels: 12 inches
- Basket included: Yes
- Suspension: Yes, full suspension system
- Headlight: Yes
- Brake light: Yes
- Turn signal lights: Yes
- Hazard lights: Yes
- Rearview mirrors: Yes
- Bumper: Yes
S941A Silverado 4-Wheel Mobility Scooter Warranty:
- Warranty on the frame: 5 years
- Warranty on the motor and electronics: 18 months
- Warranty on batteries: Not included (contact battery supplier)
If you have any more questions about the S941A Silverado 4-Wheel Mobility Scooter, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-800-314-8225 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re more than happy to assist you in choosing the best scooter for your needs. You can also visit our Comprehensive Guide on Buying a Mobility Scooter to help you decide what scooter is the best for you.