Spitfire Scout 3-Wheel Travel Scooter
Spitfire Scout 3-Wheel Travel Scooter
Are you an active person looking for an easy-to-carry, easy-to-use mobility scooter? Scout 3 might be the perfect fit for your needs.
Drive Medical’s Spitfire Scout 3 model is a compact travel and power scooter designed to provide the same functionality as 4-wheel scooters. Its features are engineered to provide comfort and versatility to users who are always on the go.
|• Padded delta tiller
||• 300 lbs weight capacity
|• Adjustable swivel seat with armrests
||• 4.25 mph top speed
|• Large, plastic carry basket
||• 9 miles drive range
|• Disassembles into 5 pieces
||• 85 pounds total weight
Compact and lightweight
The scooter only has a total weight of 85 pounds and its heaviest piece is the front section, weighing 29 pounds. It has an overall dimension of 42.5 inches L x 20.5 inches W, and its seat can be easily adjusted to a height that suits your preference.
People with active lifestyles usually need to assemble and disassemble their mobility scooters when they travel. Conveniently, the Spitfire Scout 3 can be easily dismantled into 5 easy-to-carry pieces for easy loading into your truck, car, or van.
The backrest can also be folded down for easy storage. These features make this product a perfect portable scooter to bring with you during your shopping or vacation.
Safety and security features
Drive medical knows the importance of user safety. That’s why the Spitfire Scout 3 has anti-tip wheels to prevent it from tipping when you take a sharp turn or run on an incline.
Freewheel and drive modes
It also has a freewheel mode that you can engage or disengage depending on your needs.
- The freewheel or “disengaged” mode releases the lock on the gearbox so your scooter will roll freely with or without power.
- The drive or “engaged” mode, on the other hand, secures the lock on the gearbox so your scooter cannot roll freely.
If you are driving on an incline, never attempt to put the mobility scooter in freewheel mode as it can cause uncontrollable movements.
If you want to put the Spitfire Scout 3 to a complete stop, simply release the throttle. This mobility scooter comes with two types of braking systems－the regenerative and the park brakes.
- Regenerative brakes use electricity to slow down or decelerate the mobility scooter once you return the throttle to the center or the neutral position.
- Park brakes lock the wheels automatically once the scooter comes to a complete stop.
Safety belt (Optional)
As an additional safety tool, this power scooter can come with a safety belt. You can ask the help of a healthcare professional, a technology therapist, or an authorized Drive Medical provider in determining the need for a safety belt.
Diagnostic light and battery indicator
This travel scooter comes with a control panel that has a battery indicator and diagnostic lights. The diagnostic light displays codes to alert you if there is a problem. You can also use the battery indicator to predict your usage so that you won’t get stuck somewhere with a discharged mobility scooter.
- Red light indicates that you need to charge your scooter as soon as possible.
- Orange light tells you not to go on long trips.
- Green light means that the scooter has a full battery capacity.
The Spitfire Scout 3 can support a maximum weight of 300 pounds, despite being a lightweight scooter.
This scooter enables you to stay outdoors for long hours without worrying about losing charge as it can cover a maximum range of 9 miles on full 12 AH batteries. It’s even better if you have 20AH batteries for you can enjoy a maximum travel range of 15 miles. The maximum running speed of the Scout 3 is 4.25 mph.
As long as you charge it well before heading out, you don’t have to worry about it getting discharged any sooner. Also, you will receive a cue from the battery indicator if it needs charging.
You should also consider, however, that certain factors can reduce the travel time such as wind, inclines, curves, and baggage weight.
Another thing that makes this scooter perfect for travel is its low maintenance 8” x 2” of flat-free tires in the front and rear wheels. Although it is designed to assist you in performing indoor activities, outdoor use cannot be avoided. Scout 3 is engineered to perform well when used outdoors as long as the surface is even and level. You can use it when climbing ramps and inclines that have a maximum of 6-degree angle.
As a safety precaution, Drive Medical doesn’t encourage the use of the Spitfire Scout 3 on uneven terrain, loose gravel, loose sand, soft surface, tall grass, and wet surface.
Comfort, design, and functionality
The Delta Tiller feature allows the user to enjoy one-hand operation. The tiller is adjustable and well-padded for additional comfort and to decrease wrist strain. The ergonomic throttle control makes controlling the scooter easy and hassle-free.
For added convenience, it is equipped with a large, plastic carry basket in front of the tiller where you can put your personal items.
Armrests, seat, and backrest
The scooter’s armrests are padded and adjustable. You can flip the armrests up as well for easy mounting and dismounting. The swivel seat can be adjusted to a comfortable height and the backrest can be folded down for a trouble-free storage.
You can customize the scooter to suit your preference. The unit is delivered with red shrouds installed and comes with a spare set of blue shrouds. You can simply change the shrouds using your hands or a small pry tool.
Battery and charging
When charging the scooter, simply insert the round charger into the battery terminal located on the battery pack. Then, plug it into an electrical outlet. The light indicators in the charger will show a red or orange light when charging and change to green when fully charged.
The scooter makes use of sealed lead acid AGM or gel-cell batteries. These batteries are approved by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). You can safely travel with your scooter on public transport such as buses, trains, and aircraft without having to worry about leakage and spillage.
Available accessories (optional):
- Dust cover
- Oxygen tank holder
- Crutch/cane holder
- Drink holder
- Rear basket
- Armrest bag
Spitfire Scout 3-Wheel Travel Scooter Specs:
- Maximum Speed: 4.25 mph
- Turning Radius: 45.5"
- Drive Range: 9 miles (12AH), 15 miles (20AH)
- Weight Capacity: 300 pounds
- Heaviest Piece: 29 pounds
- Ground Clearance: 2.50 inches
- Max Incline Rating: 6 °
- Disassembles: Yes
- Delta Tiller: Yes
- Adjustable Tiller: Yes
- Seat Width: 16.5 inches
- Max Seat to Ground Height: 19 inches
- Lowest Seat to Ground Height: 17 inches
- Power Elevating Seat: No
- Height Adjustable Seat: Yes
- Wheel Type: Three Wheeled
- Front Wheel Size: 8 inches
- Rear Wheel Size: 8 inches
- Air-Filled (Pneumatic) Tires: No
- Overall Width: 21.25 inches
- Overall Length: 42.5 inches
- Transportable/Collapsible: Yes
- Battery Type: 12V x 12AH (pair) / 12V x 20AH (pair, EXT model)
- Batteries Included: Yes
- Battery Charger Type: Off Board
- Larger Battery Option: Yes
- Motor Size: 24V x 270W x 4700rpm
- Suspension: No
- Braking System: Electromagnetic
- Headlight: No
- Weight Without Batteries: 65 pounds
- Battery Pack Weight: 20 pounds
- Seat Section Weight: 16 pounds
- Charging Port Location: Battery Box
Spitfire Scout 3 Warranty:
- Warranty on frame: Lifetime
- Warranty on the Electronic controller: 24 months
- Warranty on batteries: 12 months
If you are in need of a more detailed explanation about the specifications of Spitfire Scout 3-Wheel Travel Scooter, don’t hesitate to contact us at any time. You can do that by giving us a call at 1-800-314-8225 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.